Welcome to our Farm and Market Garden: Locally Grown Food, Short Term Rentals, & Education on 40 Acres
- Establish a community focused on self-sufficient food security
- Safeguard the environment, natural habitats, forests, and water resources
- Utilize regenerative and permaculture practices
- Closed-loop organic market garden and farm
- Use sustainable techniques to meet demand for high-quality, locally-sourced food
- Foster an authentic lifestyle
- Provide opportunities for modern learning
- Strive to create a better community and world
- 40-acre mountain forest near Parson, BC
- Diverse natural ecosystem with fields, ponds, a spring, creek, forest, hillside, and wetlands
- No zoning restrictions
- Unlimited density, building types, and uses possible
- Three existing dwellings provide long-term rentals
- Sustainable and self-sufficient community focused on preserving the land, ecosystem, and natural habitats
- Leverages permaculture and regenerative practices
- Parson is a town located close to Golden, which is experiencing a booming tourism industry.
- Current on leased land in Parson, B.C.
- Fall 2020: Built 100-foot all-season greenhouse with geothermic earth battery.
- Spring 2021: Cleared a field and built thirty-two 100-foot beds.
- Summer 2021: Started selling produce.
- Spring 2022: Built self-serve roadside stand and started first CSA program.
- Fall 2022: Expanded animal husbandry practices, including rabbitry, ducks, and chickens, for fertilizing the garden and fresh, locally-raised protein.
- Committed to sustainable agriculture and creating a more resilient food system for the community.
why we are unique
Kapristo Farms is unique in many ways:
- Our main goal is to create a self-sufficient community that prioritizes food security using a closed-loop system.
- We deliver our CSA shares to our customers’ doorstep via horse and cart, reducing our carbon footprint and providing a unique experience.
- Our packaging is upcycled, reusable, and environmentally conscious, making us the only farm in the area to offer such an option.
- We are expanding our offerings to provide an off-grid glamping experience for individuals who want to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature.
- Our glamping experience will provide guests with farm-to-table food made with fresh produce grown on the farm.
- We combine sustainable practices with unique experiences to create an unforgettable experience for our customers.
Ecomoic Engine One
- CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program, where customers purchase a share of the farm’s produce for a 12 weeks period
- Self-serve roadside stand for local sales of produce, eggs, and other farm products
- Providing local vendors produce from the farm to use in their establishment
- Participation in local farmers’ markets to sell produce and other farm products directly to consumers
- Online sales through the farm’s website, offering delivery or pickup options for customers
- Customers can purchase transplants at their roadside stand, farmers’ markets, or through their online store
- Sale of farm-raised eggs, which can be purchased at the roadside stand or through online sales
- Hatching and raising of birds, such as chickens, ducks, and turkeys which can be sold for the customer can raise
- Rabbitry, with rabbits raised for breeding or as pets, and sold locally or online.
- Nursery provides vegetable and flower transplants for sale to the community
Ecomoic Engine two
- Long-term rentals:
- Two Bedroom House
- Batchlor Cabin
- Short-term rentals:
- Bell tent glamping
- Tree house rentals
- Tiny home rentals
Ecomoic Engine three
Origianaly I had added retreats, and courses to this section.
However I am questioning whether I really want to commit to this.
Hoping to brainstorm other options.
I don’t want to add this to my life just cause it would make money and look good to an ivestor
Kapristo Farms has a solid foundation with over 11 years of leasing a section of the land, and has been operating as a farm for the past 3 years. This existing structure provides a level of stability and experience that allows us to focus on growing and expanding our operations. We have developed strong relationships with local suppliers and community members, and have a deep understanding of the land and its potential. Our experience in farming, combined with our dedication to sustainable and regenerative practices, makes us uniquely qualified to bring our vision to life.
Equity and Capital
~ $100k worth of tools, equipment, and infrastructure
~ Looking for a mortgage partner to help purchase40 acre land parcel with no zoning near Pason, BC, in the $850k price range (click here for real estate listing example)
~ Looking for $300k in land development capital
~ 3 year plan to develop land and increase equity value to $2.5 million
1.Land: $850k (with mortgage)
2.Main Infrastructure: $200k (Outbuildings, tunnels, nursery, harvest shed, back-up power source, irrigationetc)
3.Ground Work: $30k (Drainage, driveway gravel, site pads)
4.Six Glamping Rental Units: $80k
6.Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment: $60k
7.Digital Product Marketing Budget: $10k
1.Six Nightly Rental Suites @ $120/night: $100k (75% occupancy)
2.Restaurant, General Store, and Add-Ons: $30k
3.Farm Sales: $80k
4.Retreats & Education: $260k
5.Long Term Rentals: $30k
~ Staffing: $100k
~ Overhead: $20k
~ Feed: $10k
~ Repairs and Maintenance: $30k
Retreats & Workshops
1.Retreats: 6 retreats @ 12 clients = 72 tickets @ $2k = $144k
2.Educational Workshops: 8 workshops @ 15 clients = 120 tickets @ $800 = $96k
3.Day Classes & Tours: 70 open dates @ 10 clients = 700 tickets @ $25 = $17k
- Community Center – Commercial kitchen, Gathering area, Seperate rooms for one on one healing
- Produce Stand
- Spa amenities -Sauna, Woodfire Hottub, Cold Plunge
- Glamping Sites (Treehouse, Tee Pee, Bell Tent)
- Farm Accomodations (Schoolie, Bell tent, CamperVan)
- Long Term Rentals
- Tiny Home Sites
- Farm Tours
- Creek Walks
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides
- Mountain Biking
- E-Bike Rentals
- Wetland Adventures
At Kapristo Farms, we believe in providing our guests with an unforgettable, luxurious outdoor experience. Our glamping setup is designed to immerse you in nature while providing all the amenities of a five-star hotel. Imagine sleeping under the stars in a cozy, beautifully decorated bell tent nestled in the forest. Each tent is equipped with plush mattresses, soft area rugs, fairy lights, and comfortable cushions to ensure a blissful night’s sleep.
But that’s not all – we are also planning to add some incredible treehouses connected by boardwalks to our glamping site. You’ll be able to walk among the treetops and enjoy stunning views of the forest while feeling fully immersed in nature.
We’ve thought of everything to ensure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Our communal gathering area boasts a fire pit, kitchen facilities, and comfortable seating, providing the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the great outdoors.
Get In Touch or Visit The Farm Anytime